More Than Just Credit with Your Credit Card
While the primary function of a credit card is to provide a means of payment, there are also other benefits that come with using a credit card vs. paying cash for items. These benefits, such as Purchase Security and Extended Protection are something to take into consideration, especially if purchasing a large ticket item that would be expensive to replace. Additionally, while traveling you may take comfort in knowing you’re protected in case of an accident while driving a rental car or should you need assistance with finding lost luggage or sending an emergency message to loved ones.
Citizens National Bank business Visa credit cards automatically offer these additional benefits. Here’s a breakdown of what each of these perks provides:
Purchase Security and Extended Protection – Automatically protects many of the new retail purchases that you make with your eligible Visa Business card.
- Within the first ninety (90) days of purchase, Purchase Security will, at the Benefit Administrator’s discretion, replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your eligible Visa Business card up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per claim and fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) per cardholder in the event of theft or damage.
- Extended Protection doubles the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty up to one (1) additional year on warranties of three (3) years or less up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per claim. To file a claim online and view eligibility requirements, go to http://usa.visa.com/business/why-pay-with-visa/security-benefits/bft-purchase-security.html.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – Subject to the terms and conditions provided in this Guide to Benefit, the Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver benefit (“Auto Rental CDW”) provides reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles.
- To activate the benefit you must initiate and complete the entire rental transaction with your eligible Visa card, and
- Decline the auto rental company’s collision damage waiver option, or similar provision. To file claims online or view frequently asked questions, go to http://usa.visa.com/business/why-pay-with-visa/travel-benefits/bft-auto-rental.html.
Travel and Emergency Assistance – Visa Travel and Emergency Assistance Services will put you in touch with the appropriate emergency services, including medical, legal, or transportation, should the need arise. To take advantage of this assistance, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-VISA-911 any hour of the day or night. This is a referral service only. You are responsible for the cost of any actual medical, legal, transportation, cash advance, or other services or goods provided. Services include:
- Emergency Message Service can record and relay emergency messages for travelers, immediate family members, or business associates.
- Medical Referral Assistance provides medical referral, monitoring, and follow-up. The Benefit Administrator can give you names of English-speaking local doctors, dentists, and hospitals; assign a doctor to consult by phone with local medical personnel, if necessary, to monitor your condition, keep in contact with your family, and provide continuing liaison; and help you arrange medical payments from your Visa business or personal account.
- Legal Referral Assistance can arrange contact with English-speaking attorneys and U.S. embassies and consulates if you’re detained by local authorities, have a car accident, or need legal assistance. In addition, the Benefit Administrator can coordinate bail payment through a transfer of funds from your Visa business or personal account. The Benefit Administrator can also follow up to make sure bail has been properly handled.
- Emergency Transportation Assistance can help you make all the necessary arrangements for emergency transportation home or to the nearest medical facility. This even includes arranging to bring your business associates home and staying in contact with family members or employers. In the case of a death, the Benefit Administrator can make arrangements to repatriate the remains.
- Lost Luggage Locator Service can help you through the common carrier’s claim procedures or can arrange shipment of replacement items if an airline or common carrier loses your checked luggage. The Benefit Administrator can also arrange a cash advance with your Visa issuing bank.